Saturday, October 8, 2011

When your 40...

Well, since I turned 40 it was time for that rite of passage....The Mammogram.
This was my second mammogram.  I had a mammogram at 35 for some breast irregularity, but it came out negative.

Now, that I am 40, it was time to have a "screening" mammogram.  Am I really that old??

Anyway, I thought it was pretty appropo that I had this done during this month, October. 
I remember the first mammogram being a cinch, but this one really hurt, ouch!!

But, I am glad I got it done.  The results I will have soon. 

Make sure to check the Ta-Ta's, it could save your life. 


Got really up close and personal with machine, ouch.

A normal mammogram image.

October is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month.  Don't forget to do your monthly Self Breast Exam and keep current with your Mammograms...it can save your life.

Save the Ta-Ta's :)

1 comment:

Amanda @ Gratefully Growing in Grace said...

I'm so happy to read this post! I just wrote about the importance of BSEs at my blog:
http://gratefullygrowingingrace.blogspot.com/2011/10/bse-in-october.html
Thank you for helping spread the word!
I'm a new follower!