Thursday, June 17, 2010

Strawberry Pickin' and Good Deals

Today after work, my friend was going strawberry picking with her daughter. So, I invited myself and my two kids :) ha ha!! Anyway, we ventured on over to our strawberry pickin' destination and got some good berries.



The kids ready to go picking.

Red raspberry, almost ready for some picking.


Abbi getting instruction on where to find the good ones.



Shane showing off his prize winning pick.

Today was payday, so that means coupon shopping night out with my friend, Lianne. We have the best time in finding awesome deals. CVS is our new favorite destination for great deals. I will break down the awesomeness of our outing.
CVS: 1st order
Gillette Body Wash ~ coupon for buy one get one free and then $8 ECB back
Hydro 5 ~ coupon for $5 off regularly $8.97 and send in for a rebate of $8.97 (ok I just made money)
Travel size vaseline lotion ~ 0.99 coupon for $1
Paid $9.05 for this order after coupons, saved $12.99 and recvd $12 in ECB's
CVS 2nd order
Cherrios, Lucky Charms and Cinnamon Toast Crunch sale 3 for $10, coupon for $1 and 0.55 off
Colgate Pro Clinical Tooth paste ~ reg price $3.99, coupon for $1 off
Used $8 ECB from previous order
Total came to $3.68 and rcvd $10 ECB's total saved$14.82
All in all, I spent $12.73 for everything from CVS, with $10 still in ECB's = $2.73 out of pocket and I am submitting for a $8.97 rebate with a possibility for more if a survey is included in the razor package for an xtra $20 back. Whooo Hoo I just made money.
Target:
Eggo's sale $1.75 had three $1 off coupons
Glade Odor Eliminator $2.49, $2 Target coupon and $1 manuf coupon = 0.49
Desitin: $2.99 x 2, coupon $1 off x 2 and coupon 0.75 off of two
Total $15.73 before coupons, after coupons $6.35
Now, that's a deal!! Had a fun nite finding some awesome deals. Have a great weekend.
Shelley :)

No comments: