Thursday, July 7, 2011

On my mind...

As I sit and eat dinner with just me and Cullen(the rest of the family went to see Cars 2), I think how fast time is going by.  Before I know it, this little guy will be heading off to school and doing all those big boy things.  I think how precious these little gifts from God truly are.  I am trying so hard to be the mother that God wants me to be.  Trying not to yell, snap or fuss to my kids, but to be tolerant in every situation.  This is what I am praying for every.single.day, tolerance and patience with my little treasures. 

God is the center of this family and I am constantly striving to make sure my children are aware of this.  Not just on Sundays, but everyday. 


I found this Pearl of Wisdom over at Homeschool Creations:

There is no greater investment we can make in the lives of our children than giving them generous doses of encouraging words. It costs us so little in time and effort, but the rewards are priceless. When our young people are reminded of their God-given value, they receive deposits of confidence, security, and well-being in their emotional bank accounts. They begin building on their strengths, knowing they have something to contribute to the world.
~ Karol Ladd, Power of a Positive Mom, p. 38





Another awesome tidbits from Homeschool Creations that really hits it home when you are dealing with a very stubborn child:

“…accept and affirm the unique personality that God has given {your child"}. Believe it or not, God did not give your child that personality just to help you grow! He gave it because He has a purpose for that child to fulfill, and He needs your child’s personality strengths. God did not make a mistake in giving you your child his or her personality, so don’t make the mistake of being critical of it. Learn to appreciate God’s handiwork in each of your children.”







~ Seasons of a Mother’s Heart, p. 138-139 {emphasis mine}








Loving every moment God has given me on this earth with my little treasures.


Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. 6 These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. 7 Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. 8 Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. 9 Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates. Deuteronomy 6:5-9






A few thoughts for today 07.07.11

2 comments:

Pamela said...

Sweet, sweet mother. I love seeing you care so deeply that your little ones learn about Jesus. When we do our best then God showers us with His help.

Blessings,
Pamela

Unknown said...

What wonderful quotes! I just love them.