Sunday, December 19, 2010

A Cookie Baking Weekend

This weekend we baked our bums off!! The two oldest kiddos really helped out. Brady got in on some of the decorating, but mostly ate the sprinkles :) We made a bunch of cookies with my early Christmas gift from my hubby. That's right, I finally got my Kitchen Aid mixer. Yeahh!!! I love, love, love it! Anyway, here are a few of our pics of the weekend, man it went by fast :(


Shane making gingerbread man cookies.


Shane finished his train this weekend from Lowes Build and Grow and was very proud of it!!



This little guy was just happy to eat all the broken gingerbread men that came his way.




Abbi making gingerbread man cookies. See the mixer???





Abbi decorating the cookies. She did a great job!!


My husband's favorite, Russian Tea Cakes aka snowballs. Yum.


Reindeer noses.



Decided to make a poppy seed bunt cake.

Gingerbread men!!


Hand painted sugar cookies :)
We had a lot of fun making cookies, but I still have more to make. I feel really behind. It seems as if Christmas just snuck up on me. Oh well, it will get done. I hope everyone is having a fun Christmas time.
Blessings.

8 comments:

Becky Davis said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun baking. I found out about you on the Relax and Surf Blog Hop. I am just getting started and hope you will follow me. Thanks. :)
http://dutchgirlsfavoritethings.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Thanks for following me at Golden Reflections! I am following you too! Be sure to check out my e-mail subscription as well and twitter! @goldenreflect

Have a Merry Christmas!

Miss Montez said...

Fun! Your cookies look super yummy! We made dough today, but are actually baking tomorrow! Have fun chowing down! :) Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Unknown said...

Hi Shelley! Thanks for visiting me at Louanne's Kitchen. I'm now following, you, too. Your children are adorable, and they did an awesome job decorating the cookies!

Crystal said...

Visiting to follow u back! Love the nativity count down! Great blog you have hear. Hope to stop by often!
Happy Holidays to you and your family!

Anonymous said...

Yummy! Those look so good. I did this last weekend with my daughter, although she is only 4 months old it was still fun talking through baking cookies.

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I am now following you back.

Lu said...

mmmmm yummy! These all look so delicious. My aunt used to make a cookie that she called snowballs, but I am not sure if they are the same as what you have shown, although they do look alike, and now I really want some, but unfortunately won't be making it back home for Christmas this year! The reindeer noses are so cute. I have never seen those before!

I am your newest follower!

Kelly's Giveaways said...

Great page. Following you also.
http://kellysgiveaways.blogspot.com