Friday, November 5, 2010

Ok, That HURT!!

I am going to get a little medical on you today (I am a nurse in the OR). Today I could take no more!! I had to go get a few injections of cortisone in each of my heels of my feet for something called Plantar Fasciitis. Yes, this was very unpleasant. But, I guess having four kids with no pain meds or epidural you can handle a little injection, so I thought??!! It hurt.


Plantar fasciitis is an inflammation of the fibrous tissue (plantar fascia) along the bottom of your foot that connects your heel bone to your toes. Plantar fasciitis can cause intense heel pain.


I also have a heel spur on each of my heels, oh the fun. It is that little hook at the bottom left corner of the xray. It makes it even more unpleasant.

As I write this post, both feet on nicely propped on two frozen water bottles rolling under my feet. It numbs it for awhile, that is for sure.

Just a little peek into my fun day today. Oh, yah. After the injections, I went right back to working in the OR on my feet. And the Dr. says you need to rest. Ha Ha Ha, like that is going to happen.

Have a blessed and fun weekend.


2 comments:

Breathing In Grace said...

Love your precious heart. I had an injection in one of mine about 15 years ago...and it certainly is painful. Just went thru a round of anti-inflammatory and icing on it over the summer...but miraculously, it has gone away for the most part. HOPE you feel much better now!!!

Kim-A Creative Spirit said...

You poor thing. I have a friend suffering from that and know from her it is not an easy journey... sending you healing vibes...