Sunday, November 28, 2010

A Wreath Redo

I found Faith Works: Pier 1 redo and thought this would be a cool teacher gift!! This is a picture of the wreath from Pier 1 for $75!! Wow!! Stephanie over at Faith Works thought she could do a better redo for cheaper, so I thought I would join her and try it too!!



John and the kids starting the project together.
We got all our supplies from the Dollar Tree. Supplies needed: Small straw wreath (they had no bigger ones in stock), 2 9 ft garland (we used one whole garland for the small wreath), a variety of sized red bulbs (we used 2 small and 2 medium with some left over), glue gun and glue sticks and some pretty ribbon. Total from dollar tree about: $10 for about 2 wreaths.

You start with wrapping the garland around your straw wreath and gluing to secure in place every so often. Once, you finish the garland then glue your bulbs, placing different sizes all around the wreath until finished. Then place a pretty bow in place. I love it!


I think it turned out beautiful! I tried to steal this one, but my daughter is taking this one for her teacher.

Wow!! $10 vs $75, I think we did a better job and it cost us less. Thanks Stephanie for the idea.



11 comments:

Mika said...

Gorgeous wreath! Thanks for the follow! I'm now following you. ;)
Mika (www.mikaspantry.blogspot.com)

Melanie said...

What a great idea! :)

Following you from 'Cornucopia of Blog Hops'
Melanie

Judy said...

Very beautiful wreath! Thanks for stopping by :) Im now following back. Have a blessed week.

Unknown said...

Thanks for visiting. I'm your newest follower. You have a great looking blog and the wreath is too cute.

Graça Pereira said...

Esta coroa de Natal está lindissima e alegre no seu colorido!
Tambem fiz uma para a minha porta com bagas que apanhei no campo e ramos de azevinho que tenho no jardim.
Daqui a dias porei no meu blog fotos do meu presépio e árvore de Natal.
Fiquem com Deus.
Beijo
Graça

Unknown said...

This is beautiful!! Thank you for following me; I'm following back!

Danielle said...

That turned out awesome!

Nicole Bouchard Boles said...

Turned out beautifuly! Following you back from www.everydayphilanthropistblog.com

Anonymous said...

Love to see the man helping with a craft.

Petula said...

Yes, way better than $75. Yours turned out really great.

I'm following back from the blog hop! Thanks for coming by. :-)

Have a great week.

Life In A Day said...

Wow I've really been wanting to make one of these! I did'nt think about buying the supplies at Dollar Tree... thanks :).