Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Katie Davis...I want you to meet her.

K is for Katie.  Katie Davis is the founder of Amazima Ministries
Katie started this ministry in 2008 when she was just 19 years old.  Amazima Ministries provides the children of Uganda (through the help of sponsorship), schooling, medical care, discipleship, 3 meals a day and school supplies.  With the love of Jesus Christ in her heart, Katie ministers to the people of Uganda.  Her school program has grown from 150 kids in 2008 to 400 today.  She feeds over 1,600 children weekly through this wonderful program.  Take the time to look through the pictures and watch the video. Maybe even visit her website and blog.  It is truly amazing what she has accomplished in her lifetime. 


photo credit


photo credit

photo credit











 
God Bless

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love hearing about young people doing amazing things! When I was 19 I thought that only older mature established people could impact the world.... I was so wrong. Kate is amazing!

Misha Gerrick said...

Wow. That is astonishing! I will definitely keep her and the ministry in my prayers.

:-)

Grumpy Grateful Mom said...

Amazing! Thank goodness for people like Katie. What a wonderful way to serve.