Wednesday, April 20, 2011

P is for Palpitations

At least that is what they told me that is what I was having last night, after I spent 3 hours in the ER.

Heart palpitations -- an unusual awareness of the heartbeat -- is an extremely common symptom. Most people who complain of palpitations describe them either as “skips” in the heartbeat (that is, a pause, often followed by a particularly strong beat) or as periods of rapid and irregular heartbeats







I was hooked up to one of these.  It was normal.
photo credit

This was being monitored the whole time, and it was normal.
photo credit

All of these were tested, and yes... normal.
photo credit


So, for now, they tell me it is Heart Palpitations.  Ok, I am good with that.  I thought I was for sure headed to the OR for a bypass.  Yah I know,  a little dramatic.  But bad hearts run in my family.  Now, its time to work on a better diet, so I don't end up on that table in the OR bypassing 3, 4 or 5 vessels.  At least my BFF was there with me to help pass the time, and of course there was always something interesting happening.  :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you are doing well. When I was pregnant with my 3rd I had really bad chest pains out of the blue. bad like had to pull over because it hit me so hard and I almost drove into someone HURT! and they said it was chest palpitations and anxiety...what?! I am so laid back...anyway I eat healthy and pray that it is not my heart...

Randi said...

How scary, glad everything turned out okay! :)